Saturday, July 10, 2010

rain

Rain, dearest friend.
You know just when to pound on my head.
I know there is more to this world, than
what I have given from inside myself.
Just as the rain keeps coming
a relief from hellish fever-
Blood keeps flowing even after
you think you've let it all out of you.

And the rain finds a way to beat on my window
again,
to ask me when it can come in.
I don't know, I don't know, I don't know!

Rain, dearest friend, soothe me,
slink down my skin, caressing me.
You have been so cold,
You have stung me,
Why do I ache for more?

Inside from this I am safe,
Running from you, helps me to forget.
I don't want to cause a flood,

I cannot let you soak everything I have
worked so hard to

keep dry.



Alternate version:



Dear friend,

You know when the book on my head is balanced.
And I know there is more to this world,
as I forever give the inside of myself.
Just as the rain keeps coming-
relief from fever-hell-
Blood flows freely, even after
you think you've left it all onto me.

And the rain is one way of beating on my window
again-
to ask when he can come in.
I do not know, I do not know, I do not know!

Rain, dear, calm down,
slink to my skin, caress me.
You were so cold
You stung me,
Why do I hurt more?
Why do I ache for hurt,
Why do I want more rain?


Within this shelter, I am safe
Duration of you, helps me forget.
I do not want to cause a flood

I can not let the rain taste everything I
worked so hard to

keep dry.

3 comments:

Reach for the clouds. . .

Tickle your toes. . .

Poets United Contributor