Friday, May 28, 2010

Kick the Stones.

I feel more myself
than I have in awhile
I made another stupid mistake
I tried to feed you only cake
I made another stupid mistake
I am not as precious as I seem
I am not really such a dream
in fact when I jump into the stream
it's only to kick the stones
I tried to feed you cake
by smearing it all over your face
I tried to wedge you in this place
this stony hard place.
I know it isn't fair
as I run up and down the stair
I am not as precious as I seem
While you drift off to a dream
and I jump into the stream,
just to kick the stones.
I saw the sunrise, yesterday
you left me alone to play
you said that we'd write songs one day
but you left me alone to play
That may have been a mistake
All the times you didn't stay awake
Don't let me make another stupid mistake,
let me only feed you cake.
So I can be as precious as I seem
So I can kiss a gilded dream
so I can jump into the stream
just to kick the stones.

2 comments:

Reach for the clouds. . .

Tickle your toes. . .

Poets United Contributor